Clinician 1, LLC (the “Company” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it by way of this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit or use the website www.clinician1.com (including any mobile or desktop applications, the “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Site;
- via e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site;
- through mobile applications you may download relating to this Site, which provide dedicated browser-based interaction between you and this Site;
- when you interact with or click on any materials or links on this Site or our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links hereto;
- when you post or upload any data or information to this Site (e.g., articles, blogs, comments, photos, etc.), which data or information may include the time, date, and location you took a photo or uploaded or posted an article, comment, or blog; and
- regarding the computer or device you use to access or use the Site, or to install any related applications, including but not limited to information such as your internet protocol (“IP”) address, mobile phone number, internet service provider, operating system, device and/or browser type (including any identifiers), and the pages you visit.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name; postal address; e-mail address; telephone number; IP addresses; pages on the Site you may visit; national provider identifier; professional information such as clinical or medical specialties, certifications, education, experience, and employment information; device and/or browser identifiers for computers or devices you may use to access or use the Site; and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (collectively, “personal information”);
- that is about you but does not individually identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection; the equipment, software, service provider, or devices you may use to access or use our Site; and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- from third parties, for example, our business partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, and governmental bodies, including state medical or nursing boards.
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site and when completing your personal profile once you become a registered member of the Site, posting materials, photos, comments, blogs, or other contributions, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or our business partners, and when you report a problem with our Site;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- your search queries on the Site.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized or unexpected persons.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser and device type (including any identifiers).
Because we do not use these or other technologies to collect information about your online activities across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking), we presently do not honor “do not track” requests.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- to store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present and administer our Site and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, provided that in accordance with our “no-spam” policy we do not intend to sell your personal information to any such third parties for their use in direct marketing campaigns to you;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- to analyze and respond to trends and usage patterns;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a purchaser or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Site users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or by contacting email@example.com. This does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Although we do not intend to sell your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure (if any) of personal information to any such third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may make such a request by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security or privacy of your personal information transmitted or provided to or on our Site. Any transmission or provision of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you either by e-mail to the e-mail address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Site home page or via notification on the Site. The date on which this policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Site and this policy to check for any changes.